Makumu Private Game Lodge is in the heart of some of the best walking habitat in the Greater Kruger.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Makumu Private Game Lodge is an intimate luxury venue in the heart of Klaserie Private Nature Reserve, a prime wilderness almost surrounded by other reserves, including the Kruger National Park. The boundaries are unfenced, and Klaserie has all the quintessential Southern African wildlife present.
Its star attraction is the elevated location offering outstanding views, even from the boma and swimming pool. Photographers love the low level photographic bunker at one of the waterholes. Makumu guides encourage guests to include walks in their stay during the winter months when conditions are best. Walks are an opportunity to enjoy the full biodiversity of the bushveld, tuned into the sounds, scents and texture of nature.
Note that while the camp can sleep 12, a maximum of 6 will walk with a guide and tracker. The minimum age for walks is 16.
Read more about this experience in this news blog.
With two professional Trails Guides on staff, walks at Makumu are tailored to each guest. A short walk during a game drive is an option, or a longer outing can be undertaken as the main activity of the morning.
To take advantage of the best wildlife viewing and temperature conditions, walks depart at dawn after a light snack, and return in mid-morning to a full breakfast. For keen walkers, a shorter outing in the rich pre-sunset light is also possible.
- All game viewing activities (morning and afternoon drives, walking safaris, tracking big game on foot, bird watching)
- All meals, teas, coffees and a selection of local beverages including beers, wines and soft drinks
- Klaserie Conservation Levy, per person, per night (ages 12+) R450
- Laundry services
- Entrance fees to the reserve of R230 (if self-driving)
- Additional activities like massages, reptile demonstrations and flying safaris (more information and prices on request)
- Full day exclusive use of the Photographic Bunker / Photographic Safaris. More information and prices on request
- Airport transfers for stays of 1, 2 or 3 nights