Mix guided walks and game drives while staying at the unique Treetops lodge in Tarangire.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Located southwest of Arusha, Tarangire National Park is a vast area of open grass plains that is home to some of the largest herds of elephant in Africa and over 550 bird species.
On the northern boundary of the park in Randilen (a private Wildlife Management Area) Treetops lodge has 20 large elevated rooms with views over the tops of surrounding marula and baobab trees. It is part of the Elewana Collection, known for its extensive range of stylish safari lodges in Tanzania and Kenya. Tarangire is often combined with the Serengeti National Park, where Elewana's Serengeti Migration Camp and Serengeti Pioneer Camp also offer walking safaris.
As well as the usual game drives, guided walks are on the menu at Treetops. They are offered year round, with the best conditions just after the green season, which is usually April-May.
Setting off at dawn, the walk duration is about two hours, ending with a wonderful breakfast in the bush. It's also an option to take the walks during the later afternoon "golden hour", and end with sundowner drinks back at the vehicle. There is a minimum group size of 2 and the minimum age for walks is 16.
Tarangire Treetops can be accessed by road from Kilimanjaro or Arusha or by flying from Arusha to Kuro airstrip.
- Transfer time to/from Kuro airstrip: 3 hours game drive (approx)
- Transfer time to/from Arusha Coffee Lodge by car: 2 hours 30 minutes (approx)
- Transfer time to/from Arusha Town centre by car: 2 hours 55 minutes (approx)
- Flight time to/from Kuro airstrip from/to Arusha airstrip: 25 minutes (approx)
- Transfer time to/from Kilimanjaro airport: 4 hours (approx)
- Full Board Accommodation, all meals and drinks (excluding champagne, private cellar wines and spirits), shared and scheduled day and night game drives, guided walking safari, bush sundowners and transfers to and from designated airstrips and laundry.
- National Park entrance fee