Stay at Elewana Tortilis Camp and enjoy a guided walk with Mount Kilimanjaro as the backdrop.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Renowned for its large elephant herds, extensive wetlands and prolific birdlife, Amboseli National Park is the second most popular wildlife destination in Kenya.
Tortilis Camp, part of the Elewana Collection is in the private Kitirua Conservancy adjacent to the southwest corner of the National Park. It is named for the flat-topped Acacia Tortilis, an iconic tree of East Africa. The camp is 100% solar powered and has large tents on a wooded hillside, and accommodation options include a family tent and private house.
Game drives are conducted in both the Conservancy and Amboseli National Park, while walks are led in the 121km2 Conservancy. Morning or afternoon walks from 1.5-2.5 hours are guided by Masai from the local community, who have been walking over these plains since childhood. The walks are not aimed to track big game, but to observe and learn about the smaller things that make up a healthy eco-system. The guides also share their knowledge of the terrain, traditional uses of wild herbs and barks, and the Masai way of life. It's nice to end the walk with a bush breakfast or sundowners with a view of Mount Kilimanjaro.
The minimum age for guided walks is 16 years and walks are available year round. Pack a light rain jacket in April, May & November.
Amboseli airstrip is 45 minute flight from Wilson Airport, and a 45 minute drive from the camp.
- Once daily scheduled Air Kenya flight departing Nairobi Wilson
- Once daily scheduled Safarilink flights departing Nairobi Wilson
- Once daily scheduled Mombasa Air flight departing Mombasa
- Once daily scheduled Mombasa Air flight departing the Masai Mara
- Private Charter from anywhere
- Full Board Accommodation, all meals and drinks (excluding champagne, private cellar wines and spirits), shared and scheduled game drives, guided walking safari, sundowners and transfers to and from our designated airstrips, laundry, service charge and VAT.
- $35 per person Kitirua Conservancy Fee
- Amboseli National Reserve Fee (for game drives in the national park)